This easy and delicious appetizer is a lifesaver if unexpected guests stop by! Just whip these up in minutes and serve with your favorite marinara or pesto dipping sauce! No egg-coating or breading is required!
You'll love this recipe:
- Quick and easy
- Perfect snack for kids and adults
- No breading required
What you'll need:
Ravioli, oil and a pan!
How to make it:
Pour about 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and bring it to medium-high heat;place pasta in a single layer and cook 5 minutes
Flip and continue to cook till brown on top
- Cook for 2-3 minutes; using a spatula, flip and cook another 3 minutes
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towel
- Plate, garnish and serve with a marinara or pesto dipping sauce
Use fresh or frozen
You can use either fresh or frozen pasta to make this appetizer. If you use frozen, make sure it's thawed and dried prior to placing it in the hot oil.
How to defrost frozen pasta quickly
- Place frozen pasta in a colander and run cold water over it
- Pat dry with a paper towel and place in hot oil
How to keep it warm:
Preheat the oven to 275ºF. Cook and drain the ravioli on a paper towel, then place the crispy pasta bites on a baking sheet; place in the oven until ready to serve.
Serve with store bought or homemade pasta sauce, pesto sauce or an infused olive oil. Garnish with diced tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and fresh Italian parsley.
♥ If you make this recipe, please leave a comment or rating below!
Pan Fried Ravioli
- 1 lb ravioli fresh or frozen; round or flat
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt to taste
- 1 cup arugula (for plating)optional
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded or grated; sprinkle over top)optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (sprinkle over top)optional
- 1 cup homemade or jarred marinara or pesto sauce
- Remove frozen pasta from packaging and place in a colander
- Run cool water over the frozen pasta until it is no longer frozen (about two minutes)
- Place in a single layer on paper towels; pat each ravioli until it is completely dry
Cook the Ravioli
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat
- Place ravioli in a single layer in skillet; cook for 3 minutes (if using flat ravioli, place the top-side down in the oil)
- Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until they begin to brown slightly
- Using a spatula, remove from hot oil and place on paper towel
- *If serving later, place on baking sheet and place in 275ºF oven
- If serving immediately, plate arugula, place ravioli on arugula, garnish with diced tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice
- How to defrost frozen pasta:
- Place in a colander and run cold water of the pasta
- Once it's tender, pat dry with a paper towel
- How to keep it warm:
- Reheating instructions: