Chili Spaghetti Pie
If you need a recipe for leftover chili, Chili Spaghetti Pie is the answer! Baked spaghetti noodles form the “crust” of the “pie,” then topped with homemade chili and cheese! This chili-pasta-bake is great for crowds-it’s easy, cost-efficient and filling! Serve with a crisp Caesar salad and call it dinner! Don’t have any leftover chili? Make a batch of True Texas Chili first!
I love making this baked chili-pasta casserole on a cold evening. The seasoned chili paired with the buttery spaghetti noodles has a magical affect on my overall mood! This recipe is fast because it uses leftover chili and prep time is lickity-split fast: 9 minutes for the pasta, 20-30 minutes for the baked spaghetti noodles and a quick 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Step by Step Instructions
This chili spaghetti pie recipe yields about 8 cups of cooked pasta and when topped with the chili, it serves about 4-6 as a main dish. I recommend you make the spaghetti crust first, then re-heat the chili before putting it over the pasta. Top the chili with cheese, pop the baking dish back in the oven and when the cheese has melted-dinner is ready.
If you make Chili Spaghetti Pie in a 9 x 13 casserole dish, use 2 lbs. of pasta, 6 eggs and bake the pasta 30 minutes. You want a big, fluffy crust of spaghetti and I’ve found that one pound of pasta works best in a small casserole dish or 9″ pie pan.
Can I Make This in Advance?
This dish works well made in advance. Assemble the pasta and chili and refrigerate up to 3 days or place in the freezer in a freezer-safe container. When ready to serve, top with shredded cheese, cover and bake 25-40 minutes on 350ºF. If you reheat the chili pasta casserole from the freezer, allow it to sit at room temperture 30 minutes prior to baking.
Chili Spaghetti Pie
- 1 lb. spaghetti noddles
- 3 whole eggs lightly beaten
- 4 cups chili leftover
- 4-6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Make the Spaghetti "Crust"
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Cook pasta according to directions on package; drain and all to sit for 5 minutes to cool thoroughly
- Lightly beat three eggs in a small bowl;set aside
- Lightly oil baking dish
- Place cooked spaghetti in large bowl
- Pour beaten eggs over spaghetti
- Using tongs, mix pasta and eggs until pasta is well coated
- Transfer pasta to baking dish
- Bake 20 minutes (See Notes-Bake the Pasta)
- Scoop warmed leftover chili over baked spaghetti
- Top with cheese
- Bake at 350ºF until chili is hot and cheese is melted
- Allow dish to sit a few minutes; slice with serrated knife and serve
If you make this recipe, let me know what you think!