Chili Spaghetti Pie is the answer to "what can I make with leftover chili?"
Baked spaghetti noodles form the "crust" of the "pie," then topped with homemade chili and cheese!
Perfect leftover chili recipe
I love making this baked chili-pasta casserole on a cold evening. The seasoned beef paired with the buttery spaghetti noodles has a magical affect on my overall mood!
This recipe is fast because it uses leftover chili and prep time is lickity-split fast: 9 minutes for the pasta, 20-30 minutes for the baked spaghetti noodles and a quick 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Step by step instructions
This recipe yields about 8 cups of cooked pasta and when topped with the chili, it serves about 4-6 as a main dish.
I recommend you make the spaghetti crust first, then re-heat the chili before putting it over the pasta. Top with cheese, cover and pop the baking dish back in the oven!
If you make this Spaghetti Pie casserole in a 9 x 13 dish, use 2 lbs. of pasta, 6 eggs and bake the pasta 30 minutes. You want a big, fluffy crust of spaghetti and I've found that one pound of pasta works best in a small casserole dish or 9" pie pan.
Make ahead instructions
This dish works well made in advance. Assemble the pasta and chili and refrigerate up to 3 days or place in the freezer in a freezer-safe container.
When ready to serve, top with shredded cheese, cover and bake 25-40 minutes on 350ºF. If you reheat the chili pasta casserole from the freezer, allow it to sit at room temperature 30 minutes prior to baking.
Then, top with cheese, cover with foil and bake till the casserole is warm throughout!
Chili Spaghetti Pie
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 3 whole eggs lightly beaten
- 4 cups chili leftover
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Make the Spaghetti "Crust"
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Cook pasta according to directions on package; drain and all to sit for 5 minutes to cool thoroughly
- Lightly beat three eggs in a small bowl;set aside
- Lightly oil baking dish
- Place cooked spaghetti in large bowl
- Pour beaten eggs over spaghetti
- Using tongs, mix pasta and eggs until pasta is well coated
- Transfer pasta to baking dish
- Bake 20 minutes (See Notes-Bake the Pasta)
- Scoop warmed leftover chili over baked spaghetti
- Top with cheese
- Bake at 350ºF until chili is hot and cheese is melted
- Allow dish to sit a few minutes; slice with serrated knife and serve