You'll love this easy Low-Carb Crustless Quiche recipe! It's keto-friendly, crustless quiche with no meat or potatoes, but full of so much flavor you'll never miss that flaky crust! It's made with simple ingredients that result in a delicious flavor and texture!
This make-ahead keto egg recipe is perfect for everyday breakfast, brunch or holiday breakfast!
I usually make this baked egg dish a few days before Christmas so I'll have it on hand for the perfect breakfast! It's light and just enough protein to get everyone through the morning, but won't ruin anyone's Christmas appetite!
Why this recipe works
Perfect ingredient ratios: This egg dish works every time due to the proportion of eggs to cottage cheese and cheddar cheese. The ratio is: 2 cups cottage cheese: 4 eggs: 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Versatile: if you keep the dairy ratio the same (cottage cheese:eggs:cheese), you can substitute anything you like for the remaining two cups of chopped vegetables. (See Low Carb Quiche Variations below)
Minimal prep time and cooking time: This takes 5 minutes to throw together and 40-minutes to bake. How easy is that?
Great for groups: you can make this in a traditional pie dish or, if you're serving more than a few folks, make this low carb quiche recipe in a 9 x 13 baking dish and slice it into squares
Relatively healthy - baked eggs are the main ingredient and since there's no cream cheese, heavy whipping cream or quiche crust, this turns out to have the perfect texture
Here's what you'll need
Simple ingredients make this delicious low carb quiche recipe work every time! See the recipe card below for specific instructions.
Cottage cheese - 16 ounces; (I recommend small curd)
Eggs - 4 large
Cheese- one cup, shredded or grated of your choice - Cheddar cheese, Swiss Cheese, Gruyere, or Monterey Jack
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Breadcrumbs - ⅓ cup; traditional, seasoned and / or gluten-free
Seasonings - salt, ground black pepper, chopped onion or dried onion, minced or fresh garlic - these are optional, but a pinch of any of these will enhance the flavor of your quiche
2 cups of chopped vegetables or chopped meat: broccoli, asparagus, bacon, ham (for a crustless quiche lorraine), spinach (for quiche florentine), cauliflower. 1 cup chopped veggies and 1 cup chopped meat.
Onions - (optional)
This easy keto quiche recipe is so versatile and delicious, I promise you'll not miss that flaky, buttery crust- and your waistline will thank you!
(The featured ingredients below are for an Italian version of this basic crust-free quiche. It features sun dried tomatoes, broccoli and a hint of ground thyme for the seasoning. See Variations below for different ingredients)
How to make it
This crustless quiche is perfect for days when you wanna eat a little healthier and it's easy to assemble!
In a large mixing bowl, add 4 large eggs and beat lightly with fork; add cottage cheese, seasonings, shredded cheese and chopped vegetables; combine well
Lightly oil the baking dish with a spray oil; pour the egg mixture into the baking dish and bake uncovered in a 350° F oven until the center is firm (test with a toothpick)
For best results, allow the quiche to rest for about 5 minutes; then slice the cooked quiche into individual slices and serve!
Add remaining ingredients and combine well; place in prepared baking dish and bake uncovered until the center is firm
Yield and Baking dish size
If you make this in a 8 or 9"inch pie plate, you'll get about 6-8 servings.
If you use a 9 X 13 baking dish, double the recipe because otherwise, the egg casserole will be too thin. You may get 12-16 slices out of a pan of this size.
I used a 11 x 7 casserole dish and did NOT double the recipe. The egg dish came out to be about ½ inch thick and yielded 8-10 servings.
Make ahead storage and reheating
Make this low carb quiche casserole up to 3 days in advance and store in an airtight container or use plastic wrap to cover well and refrigerate. When ready to reheat, simply remove plastic wrap, cover with foil and place in a 300ºF oven for 15-20 minutes, until the center is warm.
Freezing is not recommended because the texture of the eggs and cottage cheese change.
Chop the vegetables and proteins into small pieces
Use block cheese and shred it yourself; do not use pre-shredded cheese. You'll need one cup of shredded cheddar. (I do this in the food processor)
Allow the keto quiche to sit for 10 minutes before slicing
For best results, use a serrated knife to cut into slices
If you want to add bacon or sausage, make sure to pat it dry with a paper towel and cut into small pieces first. You don't want any bacon grease to get into the egg mixture.
Low carb crustless quiche recipe variations
Keep the cheese/egg/cottage cheese ratios the same and add a total of 2 cups of cut vegetables and / or meat
American? Use the same ingredients you'd use for a broccoli cheese quiche - 2 cups of chopped broccoli and 1 cup of cheese; season with a little salt, pepper, onion and / or garlic powder. Got leftover ham? Dice up a cup and toss it into the entire quiche!
Want a little Mexican flair to your brunch? Substitute seasonings with ground cumin, chili powder, use diced and drained green chiles (instead of broccoli) and chopped pimentos (instead of roasted red peppers)
Mediterranean? Substitute vegetables with a cup of chopped kalamata olives and a cup of drained spinach; switch out ground thyme with dill weed.
Italian? Use drained, chopped sundried tomatoes and zucchini as your vegetables; Use shredded Mozzarella cheese and use Italian seasonings in the egg mixture (this makes a delicious crustless zucchini quiche!)
Experiment with what you have on hand! If you keep the cottage cheese, egg and cheese proportions as indicated in the recipe, you'll be able to make any version of this low carb crustless quiche!
♥ If you make this recipe, please scroll down and leave a rating and comment! I love to hear from you!
Low Carb Crustless Quiche Recipe
- 16 ounces cottage cheese , small curd
- 4 whole lightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup chopped vegetables broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, sun dried tomatoes (drained)
- 1 cup chopped meat (optional) chopped ham, chicken, turkey, bacon
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese See Recipe Notes
- ⅓ cup plain breadcrumbs (see Recipe Notes)
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- spray oil for pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly spray baking dish with spray oilspray oil for pan
- Place cottage cheese in a fine mesh strainer and strain liquid; set aside16 ounces cottage cheese
- Chop meats and / or vegetables (you'll need 1 cup chopped of each); set aside1 cup chopped meat (optional), 1 cup chopped vegetables
- Grate cheese; (you'll need 1 cup of grated cheese); set aside1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and beat lightly4 whole lightly beaten eggs
- Add strained cottage cheese, breadcrumbs, shredded cheese, chopped vegetables, chopped meat, seasonings16 ounces cottage cheese, 1 cup chopped vegetables, 1 cup chopped meat (optional), 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, ⅓ cup plain breadcrumbs, ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish
- Bake uncovered at 350ºF 40-45 minutes or until center is set; allow to cool 5-10-minutes before slicing
- Keep the dairy ratios the same as indicated in the recipe.
- Keep the meat and veggie ratio the same. You need 1 cup of chopped meat and 1 cup of chopped veggies. (If you choose not to include meat, use 2 cups of chopped veggies)