This No Alcohol Southern Cocktail is a warm, tomato-based drink that you'll often find at social gatherings in the South.
Tomato juice, seasoned with just the right amount of spices, and served warm!
It's a perfect holiday drink is for cold nights or good to have if you don't drink alcohol or are the designated driver.
Welcome your guests in from the cold with a warm tomato aperitif! This warm, no alcohol beverage resembles a warm Bloody Mary with no alcohol - it's is a blend of tomato juice and seasonings.
The term "aperitif" implies an alcohol-based drink served before dinner to get the digestive enzymes ready for dinner. But this no-alcohol drink does the same thing! Serve a little cup as an appetizer at your next party.
Here's what you'll need
Simple ingredients make this drink delicious - nothing fancy or complicated.
Tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
Make this tomato drink as mild or spicy as you like. I often use spicy V8™ juice, but you can use plain tomato juice if you prefer.
How to make it
Just warm all the ingredients in a saucepan and serve! That's it!
If you're serving this at a party, keep it in a warm carafe.
What type of tomato juice?
Use plain tomato juice, or a tomato-vegetable blend like V8™ or Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix™ for this no alcoholic hot drink.
I often make this with plain, reduced sodium tomato juice so I can control the levels of sodium, heat and spices in the recipe-especially if I'm making this for a party or gathering.
Make it in advance?
If you make this aperitif in advance, store it in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge until ready to serve. Once you're ready to serve, heat it on the stove until it's nice and hot, then serve!
Wanna add alcohol?
If you add liquor to this winter beverage, you're basically serving a warm Bloody Mary! Use a clear liquor like vodka or gin. Just heat the drink first, then add the spirits to individual cups.
No Alcohol Southern Cocktail is perfect for the designated drivers at your next gathering!
It pairs well with boiled shrimp, crab dip or an elegant cheeseboard! and is an excellent warm drink to take to winter outdoor outings, gatherings and football games!
If you make this recipe, please scroll down and leave a rating and comment! I love to hear from you! Thank you!
No Alcohol Southern Cocktail
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup beef broth/stock
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco red pepper sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- pickled okra, celery, dill pickle spear optional garnish
- Combine all ingredients into a sauce pan and heat on medium low2 cups tomato juice, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, ½ cup beef broth/stock, ½ teaspoon Tabasco red pepper sauce, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, pinch of salt
- Serve warm; garnish with pickled okra, dill pickle or celery (optional)pickled okra, celery, dill pickle spear
- This makes 2 cups; I usually allow ¼ cup per person, but sometimes folks drink more
- if you're not sure, double the recipe!
- If you want to add alcohol, heat the recipe first, then add ½ jigger of your spirit (vodka, gin) to the individual cups; stir and serve
- Serving a large group? Keep it warm in a coffee carage!