You'll be amazed at how simple these Quick and Easy Candied Jalapenos are to make and they involve No Canning and use pickled jarred jalapenos!
Candied jalapenos are known in Texas as "Cowboy Candy"- and they go with just about anything! Because this recipe uses jarred pickled jalapenos, so there's no slicing--no reason to wear gloves or worry about rubbing your eyes.
Why you'll love this recipe!
- Quick and easy - like I said, this No Canning version of Cowboy Candy uses jarred, pickled jalapenos
- Versatile - you can put these sweet candied peppers on tacos, tostadas, fajitas or eat them by themselves!
- Not too hot - jarred jalapenos don't have the heat fresh ones have, so you'll feel comfortable serving this sweet peppery condiment to your friends who can't take the heat!
- Affordable - why spend $6-8 dollars for a jar when you can make it at home for half that?
Here's what you'll need:
A jar of pickled, sliced jalapenos, sugar, apple cider vinegar and water. BAM! That's it!
How to make them:
Use a fork and pull out a cup's worth of sliced peppers; place them in a sealable jar (any jar will do- it doesn't have to be a "canning" jar)
In a saucepan, add water, sugar and apple cider vinegar; heat until sugar melts (this is basically a simple syrup with vinegar); Pour over pickled jalapenos and store in the fridge
For best results, make these about 3 days before you want to serve them; it takes a while for the peppers to absorb the sugar
These sweet pickled jalapenos go with just about everything!
- If you're feeling adventurous and want to "fancy-up" these quick and easy candied jalapenos, throw in some sliced red bell pepper or onion
- Make a cream cheese dip: In a food processor, combine one block of cream cheese with 3-4 tablespoons of candied jalapenos; combine well and serve with crackers or warm flour tortillas
- Serve with your favorite barbecue chicken, ribs or steak!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, heat water on medium heat
- Add sugar and apple cider vinegar
- Cook 3-5 minutes until sugar dissolves
- Pour over pickled jalapenos
- Store in sealed jar in fridge for at least one hour
- use pickled jalapenos; use a fork to pull the peppers out of the jar and place in a 2-cup jar
- it's okay if a little of the pepper juice is still on the peppers
If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below! Thank you!