You'll love this easy, preservative-free homemade Buttermilk Dill Ranch salad dressing!
It's similar to Ranch™ dressing, but with a little more tangy dill flavor and ready in minutes!
This is a cinch to make and is a deliciously light salad dressing or dip!
With hints of lemon and fresh dill, this all-natural, creamy salad dressing is perfect with fresh crisp greens or raw veggies!
You'll love this recipe!
- You only need a few simple ingredients!
- The flavor is similar to Hidden Valley brand of Ranch dressing, but with a hint of dill and lemon.
- This homemade version is all-natural and contains no additives, preservatives or high-fructose corn syrup.
Here's what you need
Buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper. That's it!
Manufactured salad dressings often contain a lot of "other" ingredients, some of which you may or may not be able to pronounce.
One of the most popular salad dressings on the market is Hidden Valley® brand of Ranch Dressing. It is unfortunate that so many people love this dressing because it contains additives, fillers and preservatives.
You'll find none of the following in this easy recipe!
- Additives -prevent dairy and oil-based dressings from spoiling
- Preservatives -extend the shelf life of the product
- Fillers -reduce the number of natural ingredients and increase the volume of the product
- Calcium stearate -a powdered additive that serves as an anti-caking agent
- Maltodextrin is an inexpensive, highly processed white powder from corn, potato starch, wheat or rice; it preserves and increases the volume of a product.
- It is also high on the glycemic index, which means consumption spikes your blood sugar, so if you're a diabetic, you might want to watch out for this additive in your diet
Many people experience side effects from processed foods with hand and arm cramps, increased blood sugar, and even hives.
How to make homemade "ranch" dressing
This is so easy to make! Just dump all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk!
The consistency is somewhat thin, so if you want a thicker consistency, add an additional ½ cup of mayonnaise.
Short on time? Make this Buttermilk Dill ranch dressing in advance and store in the refrigerator up to one month!
Pour your homemade buttermilk dill ranch dressing in a tightly sealed jar and store it for up to a month in the refrigerator.
- Fried Chicken Salad
- All-Purpose Oil and Vinegar Salad Dressing
- Classic Buttermilk Pie
- Dill Shrimp Salad
- Caesar Salad Dressing No Anchovies
If you make this recipe, please scroll down and leave a comment and rating! I love to hear from you!
Buttermilk Dill Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed dried; use 2 teaspoon if fresh
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients
- Blend together thoroughly
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes