This delicious pie has the reputation of being a Southern classic tradition, particularly during the hot, balmy days of summer. This easy no bake version works in a pinch and is absolutely delicious!
Just about everyone's Grandmother served an icebox pie at some point during the summer.
Why you'll love this recipe!
- This easy icebox pie requires no eggs and no baking!
- Great for crowds-double the recipe and make it in a 9 X 13 baking dish to serve up to 16 slices
- It's not too sweet or tangy, but just right
Here's what you need:
Cream cheese, lemon juice, prepared pie crust and a can of sweetened condensed milk!
Her's how to make it:
In a mixing bowl or food processor combine ingredients until smooth; pour into pie crust and freeze
Combine all ingredients until smooth and pour into pie shell; freeze for 4 hours; serve immediately
- Use fresh lemon juice; not bottled or juice from Meyer Lemons
- To make lemon zest, use the smallest side of a cheese grater
- Do not over pulse in food processor
Can I make this in advance?
This easy no bake lemon ice box pie can easily hold its own in the freezer for up to a week, provided its covered with plastic. Allow pie to thaw in refrigerator prior to serving.
Serving suggestion for a large group
If you want to serve this to a big group, double the graham cracker and filling recipe. Place the graham cracker crust in a 9 x 13 baking dish; then pour in filling. Slice into squares.
Want a whipped cream topping?
Garnish finished pie with lemon zest and homemade whipped cream
I think you'll find this easy no bake pie is just the right dessert to take to your next picnic or potluck! It's quick, easy and delicious!
♥ If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and rating! I love to hear from you!
No Bake No Egg Lemon Icebox Pie
- 8 whole graham crackers (broken; usually in 1 pkg.)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed (3-4 lemons, depending upon size)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (for garnish)
Prepare Crust or Use Pre-Made
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Melt butter in small saucepan
- In food processor, combined broken pieces of graham crackers and sugar; drizzle in melted butter
- Pour graham cracker mixture into 9 inch pie plate; press graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan
- Bake on middle rack for 12-15 minutes; remove from oven and allow to cool before filling
- In the food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until it reaches a smooth consistency
- Scoop filling into cooled graham cracker crust; cover with plastic and freeze for 4 hours
- Prior to serving, garnish with whipped cream and lemon slices
- Allow pie to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- Real vs. Bottled Lemon Juice
- Can I Use Meyer Lemons for Lemon Icebox Pie?
- How Do I Make Lemon Zest?
- Can I Make a Lemon Icebox Pie in Advance?
- If serving this pie outdoors, place the pie pan in ice to keep it chilled