A quick and easy Southern favorite, No Bake Key Lime Icebox Pie is the perfect dessert or hostess gift for your entertaining! This creamy lime pie has an easy graham cracker crust and can be made in a 9 x 13 pan for large groups.
Key Lime Pie is the official State Pie of Florida and in just about every restaurant, you'll find a version of this local celebrity on the menu. The variations are across the board: pastry or graham cracker crust, whipped cream or meringue? Eggs or no eggs? One thing you will find is that the tiny Key Limes are totally responsible for this tasty treat.
Why you'll love this recipe!
- This easy icebox pie requires no eggs and no baking!
- Great for crowds-double the recipe and make it in a 9 X 13 baking dish to serve up to 16 slices
- It's not too sweet or tangy, but just right
Here's what you'll need:
- Cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, pie crust
- You can use either a pre-made graham cracker crust or make your own.
- If you make your own, you'll need one package of crackers for an 8" pie
- If you double the recipe and put it in a 9 x 13 pan, use 3 packages of graham crackers (about 18 crackers)
Step by step instructions:
Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature; add pie filling ingredients into food processor; pulse to combine; pour into pie shell; cover and freeze 4 hours
It wasn't until 2006 that Key Lime Pie was named Florida's State Pie.
Can I substitute fresh Key Limes ?
Absolutely! Keep in mind that Key Limes are much smaller than grocery store limes, therefore, you'll need to purchase and juice more limes.
Can I substitute bottled Key Lime Juice for fresh ?
Yes, but make sure it's an authentic juice of the highest quality like Nellie and Joe's Key West Lime Juice. Some of the mass-produced "real lime juices" are too strong; key lime is a natural, subtle lime flavor which works best for this no bake icebox pie.
Notes for Baking in a 9 x 13 Dish
If you're making this no bake pie for a large group, double the recipe and use a 9 x 13 Pyrex dish. You can serve squares of pie and it will go a lot further than individual 8" or 9" pie slices.
Want a whipped cream topping?
Garnish finished pie with lemon zest and homemade whipped cream
I think you'll find this easy No Bake Key Lime Icebox Pie pie is just the right dessert to take to your next picnic or potluck! It's quick, easy and delicious!
No Bake Lime Icebox Pie
- 8 whole graham crackers (broken; usually one pkg.)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter (melted)
- ¼ cup lime juice , fresh or high-quality Key Lime Juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Melt butter in small saucepan
- In food processor, combined broken pieces of graham crackers and sugar; drizzle in melted butter
- Pour graham cracker mixture into 9 inch pie plate; press graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan
- Bake on middle rack for 12-15 minutes; remove from oven and allow to cool before filling
- In the food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until it reaches a smooth consistency
- Scoop filling into cooled graham cracker crust; cover with plastic and freeze for 4 hours
- Prior to serving, garnish with whipped cream and lime slices
- Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving
- Add whipped cream topping after pie is frozen