There's nothing better and easier than cool, creamy homemade bleu cheese dip with a side of hot wings or veggies! Make this all-natural favorite dip in less than 5-minutes!
Bleu cheese dip goes with hot wings like peas and carrots, so why not have a homemade batch on hand for your next tailgate party?
Why you'll love this recipe!
- Quick, easy - ready in 5-minutes
- All-natural ingredients- no additives or preservatives
- Stores well- keep a jar in the fridge for up to three months
- The dip doubles as salad dressing - just add more buttermilk!
What you'll need:
The ingredients are pretty simple:
Cream cheese (room temp), mayonnaise, buttermilk, bleu cheese crumbles, onion powder!
How to make it:
Mix everything in a bowl and serve! If you want a thinner dip, add a little more buttermilk!
Can I substitute with Gorgonzola?
Yes. Gorgonzola or Stilton may be used in this recipe instead of bleu cheese, however, you may want to adjust the amount of cheese depending upon your palate.
What's the best way to serve it?
Generally speaking, you want this creamy dip to remain above room temperature, if not a bit cool.
Serve bleu cheese dip with a crudité platter, or as a spread with pita or naan bread. It's also an excellent side for steak or a crisp wedge salad!
Homemade bleu cheese pairs well with carrots, cherry or grape tomatoes, celery, red onions, olives, salted or candied nuts, figs, pears, or dates.
A secure jar of this dip will last up to 3-months in the refrigerator. Freezing is not recommended.
♥ If you make this recipe, please scroll down leave a rating and comment below!
- Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
- How to Create the Perfect Cheeseboard
- Buttermilk Dill Salad Dressing
- Classic Cheese Fondue
Bleu Cheese Dip
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into medium bowl
- Cover and chill for 15-minutes before serving
- Serve with cut vegetables, chips or chicken wings
- You can substitute Gorgonzola for Bleu Cheese in this recipe