Vermicelli Summer Salad is the best pasta dish you can have while lounging by the pool, dreaming of being on the Amalfi coast. Light, flavorful and full of texture and seasonings, you'll want to keep this recipe nearby!
This light pasta dish is one of my favorite summer-go-to-dishes. It's simple to make, tastes fabulous and is even better as leftovers!
Why you'll love this recipe!
- Great for crowds - this recipe is perfect for hosting poolside parties! It makes a big batch so no one goes hungry!
- Light and flavorful - the pasta actually has flavor and the texture is light and crunchy!
- Perfect for summer - serve this cold or room temperature!
Here's what you'll need:
Vermicelli pasta, Accent seasoning, Lawry's seasoned salt, lemon juice, olive oil, jarred pimentos, green bell pepper, red or green onions, black olives, celery and mayonnaise.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook, drain and rinse pasta; season with Accent, Lawry's seasoned salt, lemon and olive oil; refrigerate at least 2 hours
- In a large bowl, combine pimentos, green bell pepper, green onion, black olives, celery and mayo; fold into pasta; toss, combine well and serve
Fold mayonnaise mixture into cooked pasta; toss with tongs
What is Vermicelli?
Vermicelli is a thin pasta, smaller than spaghetti but larger than capellini.
Isn't Vermicelli a rice noodle?
There are two types of Vermicelli noodles: the Italian, which is made with semolina flour, eggs and salt (and is used in this recipe) and the Asian variety, which uses rice flour instead of a semolina flour.
Can I substitute with another pasta?
Absolutely! Feel free to use any strand pasta as a substitute - angel hair, capellini, spaghetti, linguine or fettuccine noodles!
Can I make it without Accent seasoning?
Yes, but it doesn't turn out as well. I've made it without using Accent and the pasta changed colors and the texture was mushy. I do not recommend omitting the Accent seasoning.
Can I make this in advance?
Yes! This summer pasta salad actually tastes better the second day! Store in the refrigerator up to 3-days before serving. When time to serve, toss it, put it in a pretty bowl and enjoy!
- If you serve this summer salad outdoors, keep it on a bowl of ice so the mayonnaise won't go rancid.
- This pairs well with just about anything - BBQ, ham, chicken or on it's own!
Variations for Vermicelli Summer Salad
If you want to jazz-up this pasta salad, add boiled shrimp to the pasta, then marinate both overnight. Other variations include:
- green olives
- artichoke hearts
- hearts of palm
- red onion
- red bell pepper
Serve this easy pasta salad at a summer gathering and it will be the talk of the party!
- Traditional Wedge Salad with Bleu Cheese Dressing
- Shrimp Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Seafood Manicotti with Alfredo sauce
Vermicelli Summer Salad
- 12 oz Vermicelli Pasta cook, rinse and drain
- 3 tablespoons Accent seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 oz. pimentos diced, drained
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- ¾ cup green onions chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 4 oz. black olives drained, sliced
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- Cook pasta for 5 minutes: rinse and drain
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, Accent seasoning, seasoned salt, lemon juice and olive oil; cover and refrigerate 2 hours
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients
- Fold mayonnaise mixture into pasta
- Serve slightly chilled
- Note: this recipe calls for Vermicelli pasta--not vermicelli rice noodles. You can use any pasta you choose: spaghetti, angel hair, or a tubular pasta (macaroni, rigatoni, etc.)
- This recipe works best if you make the pasta and and let it sit for 2 hours then add the remaining ingredients