This light and flavorful Greek Orange Fig Spread is absolutely delicious and super-easy to make!
The flavors of the Mediterranean really shine in this creamy combination of orange-fig jam, whipped Feta, cream cheese, garlic, mint and a hint of lime!
Serve this fig spread with Naan or Pita bread, or even with chips or veggies!
You'll love this fig spread!
This easy-to-make spread has "Greek" or "Mediterranean" flavors! Feel free to pair it with Gyros, dolmas or lamb!
- Easy to make - ready in 5-minutes
- Simple ingredients: cream cheese, feta cheese, orange fig jam, a few seasonings and a hint of lime topped with chopped pistacios!
- Perfect fig jam appetizer you can serve in a pinch
Here's what you'll need
I recommend using Divina™ Orange Fig Spread. They make an array of Greek products and specialize in olives, tapenades and other antipasto foods.
You can find it at Kroger, Walmart and Whole Foods in the jelly and jam section, but most often it's in the deli area (with the Feta cheese.
The fig spread is made from Aegean figs, is vegan and gluten-free and has no fat, cholesterol and only 60 calories per tablespoon! It has a light orange citrus and fig flavor, with a really nice texture!
Other than that, you'll need cream cheese, Feta cheese, a little garlic and dried onion, a smidgen of olive oil and a squeeze of lime. I garnish this fig dip with finely chopped pistachios and fresh mint!
How to make it
Let the cheese come to room temperature first. Then, whip the cheeses and olive oil together in a food processor, add garlic, minced onion, Divina Orange Fig spread and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped pistachios and sprigs of fresh mint.
You can make this delicious fig dip 3-5 days in advance. Just keep it covered and in the fridge. When you're ready to serve it, let it come to room temperature.
This light cheesy and citrus dip pairs beautifully with Naan or Pita bread. We tried it also with cucumbers and it was delicious! If you want to further enhance the flavor, drizzle a little honey over it!
The seasonings lean toward "Greek" food, so feel free to serve this on your antipasto board with some dolmas, marinated lamb chops or slap some in a Gyro!
Orange Fig Spread dip is perfect as an appetizer or dip and it's super easy to make!
- Tzatziki Dip
- Spinach Balls
- Easy Pan Fried Ravioli
- Classic Cheese Fondue
- Roasted Cauliflower Spread
- Eggplant Fries
If you make this recipe, please scroll down and leave a rating and comment! I love to hear from you!
Orange Fig Spread
- Food Processor
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 4 ounces feta cheese, room temp
- 2 heaping teaspoons Orange Fig Jam
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon onion, dried, minced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic (one small clove), chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, chopped for garnish
- chopped fresh mint for garnish
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients (except pistachios and mint) and pulse till smooth4 ounces cream cheese, room temp, 4 ounces feta cheese, room temp, 2 heaping teaspoons Orange Fig Jam, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice, ½ teaspoon onion, dried, minced, ¼ teaspoon garlic (one small clove), chopped, ½ teaspoon black pepper, salt to taste
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and mint1 tablespoon pistachios, chopped, chopped fresh mint