This easy Tortellini Pasta Salad recipe features tri-colored tortellini, marinated artichoke hearts, red onion, red bell pepper and black olives, tossed in a seasoned oil and vinegar pesto dressing and garnished with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Quick, easy and perfect for large groups and vegetarians!
You'll love this recipe!
- Whether you're feeding four or four-hundred, this Italian pasta salad is the perfect dish to serve.
- It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and is light, colorful and even better the next day!
- Serve cold or at room temperature with a stunning cheeseboard or with your favorite barbecue ribs!
When it's too hot to cook, this flavorful tri-colored pasta salad hits the nail on the head! And it's delicious as leftovers, too!
Here's what you'll need:
The ingredients are simple, but feel free to add additional items:
- 1 lb. packaged tortellini (any flavor, color or filling)
- 1 small jar of marinated artichoke hearts
- red bell pepper
- black olives
- dried Italian seasonings
- white balsamic vinegar
- prepared pesto sauce
- Parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish
How to make it:
Tortellini pasta salad is ready in less than 15 minutes! Serve it immediately or make it in advance! It actually tastes best when it has marinated in the refrigerator about 30 minutes.
- Bring large stockpot of water to boil
- Add fresh or frozen tortellini; cook for three minutes; drain (want to make your own tortellini?)
- Rinse tortellini with cold water
- In a large bowl, add remaining ingredients
- Combine well; add salt and pepper to taste (you can serve it now or chill it for later)
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley
How much to make for large groups:
If you're serving tortellini pasta salad as an entree, allow about ½ pound of cooked pasta (8 oz. or 1 cup) per person. However, if the dish is a side dish, allow ¼ pound (4 oz. or ½ cup) per person. If you want to make the pasta dish go even further, add in some spinach or romaine lettuce.
Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 1 lb tortellini fresh or frozen; any flavor
- 1 6 oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts do not drain
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- ⅓ cup black olives sliced
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper diced
- ⅓ cup red onion finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Parmesan cheese; fresh parsley garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop peppers, onions and olives; shred Parmesan cheese; cut parsley; set aside
- Bring a large stockpot of water to boil; add tortellini; cook for 3 minutes; drain
- Rinse cooked tortellini under running water; set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked tortellini, the jar of artichoke hearts and their liquid; add remaining ingredients (red peppers, red onions, black olives, Italian seasonings,pesto and white balsamic vinegar); combine well
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley
Serving a large group?
- If you're serving tortellini pasta salad as an entree, allow about ½ pound of cooked pasta (8 oz. or 1 cup) per person.
- As a side dish, allow ¼ pound (4 oz. or ½ cup) per person.
- If you want to make the pasta dish go even further, add in some spinach or romaine lettuce.
- Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled