Refreshingly light and flavorful, this tri-colored Italian appetizer consists of 4-simple ingredients and is ready in 5-minutes! Ideal for the hot summer!
Why you'll love this recipe!
- It's really not a recipe! There's no cooking required! Just drizzle a high-quality olive oil over grape tomatoes and Mozzarella, salt, pepper and garnish with fresh basil!
- Healthy and nutritional - tomatoes and olive oil are better for you than chip and dip!
What you'll need:
- A package of grape or cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese balls
- High-quality extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh basil, salt and pepper
How to make it:
- Rinse the tomatoes
- Place tomatoes and mozzarella in bowl
- Drizzle in some olive oil, salt and pepper; combine
- Garnish with fresh basil
- Use naturally sweet grape or cherry tomatoes for this summer salad! Bite size is best!
- Use a high-quality olive oil
- This recipe features "Ciliegine" mozzarella (small "cherry-size" mozzarella balls) which are found in the gourmet cheese area of your grocer. If you can't find these little cheese balls, just slice some cheese in bite size portions!
- Buffalo mozzarella is a higher-quality of cheese and is labeled "buffalo Mozzarella" cheese. Use either kind of cheese in this Italian antipasto dish--both are delicious!
♥ If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below! I love to hear from you!
- 1 8 oz. package Ciliegine Mozzarella balls
- 1 pint Grape Tomatoes
- 1 package fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil high-quality
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Drain Ciliegine Mozzarella and set aside; rinse grape tomatoes; chop basil
- In a large bowl, combine mozzarella balls and grape tomatoes
- Lightly drizzle cheese and tomatoes with olive oil; combine well
- Add chopped basil; add salt and pepper; serve
What Kind of Tomatoes Should I Use for Caprese Salad?The tomatoes in Capri are ultra-rich in flavor due to the rich Italian soil. The soil near Mt. Vesuvius produces the highest-quality, best-tasting tomatoes in the world. If you have homegrown or tomatoes from a farmer's market use them in this recipe. If not, grape, cherry or heirlooms provide a comparable, rich flavor of the Italian tomato.
What's the Difference Between Mozzarella and Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese?Mozzarella is either from cow's or water buffalo. Buffalo mozzarella is a higher-quality of cheese and is labeled "buffalo Mozzarella" cheese. Use either kind of cheese in this Italian antipasto dish--both are delicious! This recipe features "Ciliegine" mozzarella (small "cherry-size" mozzarella balls) which are found in the gourmet cheese area of your grocer.