This easy Maple Baked Bean recipe has a ton of flavor from the onions, bell peppers, maple syrup and barbecue sauce!
Turn canned baked beans into a savory homemade side dish with a few additional seasonings! Ready in 20-minutes!
Make this recipe on the stove-top, oven, or slow-cooker and serve with burgers, hot dogs, ribs, ham...just about anything!
This is an excellent way to dress up a can of Bush's™ Baked Beans. The additional ingredients deepen the flavor and taste like they're made from scratch baked beans!
Why you'll love this recipe:
- All-natural - no additives, preservatives or words you can't pronounce
- Quick and easy - just chop an onion and bell pepper, and combine all the ingredients into one big bowl
- Flavorful - homemade maple baked beans taste so much better than store bought!
- Inexpensive - the ingredients aren't costly so this is perfect for large groups!
Here's what you'll need:
A can of baked beans-use plain or some that already have brown sugar in it...it doesn't really matter! After that, just add a little onion, bell pepper, dry mustard, garlic powder, paprika, brown sugar, BBQ sauce and maple syrup.
Here's how to make it:
- Pour beans in mixing bowl
- Add chopped onion, bell pepper, dry mustard, maple syrup and barbecue sauce; combine well
- Pour into baking dish and bake covered @ 350ºF for 15-20 minutes
Perfect amount for a potluck or group! This is one of the quickest and easiest side dishes you can make and it's perfect for 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day and Easter.
Can I make maple baked beans in a slow cooker?
Yes! Just add all the ingredients to the slow cooker with a little bit of water; combine the sauce, onions and bell peppers in a large bowl, then pour the mixture into the slow cooker for about 2 hours on low.
What can I substitute for maple syrup?
For the best flavor, use a high quality maple syrup; however, if you need a substitute for maple syrup, try using honey, table syrup (from a jar) or agave nectar.
Storage and reheating
Store maple baked beans in refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, place in 350ºF oven (covered) for 15 minutes or until they are heated thoroughly or microwave till heated thoroughly.
This quick and easy maple baked bean recipe is a perfect side dish for outdoor grilling, Easter ham or with a burger or sandwich!
- Southern Potato Salad
- English Pea Salad
- Restaurant Quality Canned Refried Beans
- Foolproof Oven Baked Ribs
- Sweet Heat Slow Cooker Country Ribs
Maple Baked Beans
- 28 ounces baked beans , any flavor
- ½ cup sweet yellow onion , chopped
- ½ cup green bell peppers , chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅔ cup barbecue sauce , any flavor
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients
- Pour into baking dish; cover with foil
- Bake covered @350ºF for 25-30 minutes