Rum Glazed Scandinavian Almond Cake
My husband’s family is of Scandinavian descent and I acquired this recipe years ago. I’ve been serving this light and airy almond cake for quite sometime and everyone always asks me for the recipe so, here it is!
It is made with ingredients you already probably have in your pantry and takes about 45 minutes to cook. The rum butter glaze really dresses up an already delicious almond cake…just look at that glaze!
Scandinavian Rum Cake is usually served during the holidays, but it makes a nice dessert for a wedding or baby shower, too!
Here’s a quick video:
Rum Butter Glaze Directions
- On medium low heat, place all ingredients into a saucepan; cook until sugar is dissolved
- Turn cake out onto serving dish and drizzle with glaze.
This quick and easy cake is absolutely delicious! Rum glazed almond cake pairs well with fresh blue or blackberries, or a glass of champagne!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 whole egg slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick butter melted
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Preheat oven to 350º F
In a big bowl, combine sugar, egg, almond extract and milk; whisk to combine
Add flour, baking powder and melted butter to the sugar mixture; combine thoroughly
Pour into lightly greased cake pan and bake for 50 minutes
Allow cake to cool for about 20 minutes before removing from pan
On medium low heat, place all ingredients into a saucepan; cook until sugar is dissolved
Place cake on serving platter and drizzle with rum glaze mixture
- This cake can be made with various ingredients; if you prefer, use walnuts or pecans instead of almonds
- Incorporate blueberries into cake batter before cooking