Stuffed Tomato with Tuna
Stuffed tomato with tuna on a bed of greens...so refreshing, quick and easy to make...
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 1 person
- 1 large Jacksonville, Texas tomato
- 1 small can tuna packed in water drained
- 1/2 stalke celery chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickles sweet or dill
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded (optional - garnish)
Drain tuna and place in a medium size bowl
Using a fork, flake tuna into small pieces
Add remaining ingredients
Quarter whole tomato into 16 slices; if you prefer, you can hollow out the seeds, but why?
Place scoop of tuna salad on tomato
Garnish with cheese
Place tomato on bed of lettuce and enjoy!
- This is one of those silly recipes that isn't a recipe at all...just an assembly of complimentary foods!
- This is a great food to take "on the go"; simply prepare it in a chilled "to-go" container; you might want to put a cold freezer block on top, but if it's going to be eaten within 2 hours and is kept in air conditioned area, it should be just fine.
- If you don't care for tomato seeds, just hollow out the tomato prior to cutting it into quarters.