Tex-Mex Sour Cream Sauce
Tangy sour cream sauce with a hint of jalapeno and Monterrey Jack cheese. Perfect for enchiladas or tamales!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 cups
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 oz. Monterrey Jack Cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or jalapeno juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 slice jalapeno optional
In a medium size pan and on medium heat, add chicken broth and sour cream
Add cheese and jalapeno slice (optional) and jalapeno juice (or vinegar);combine until cheese is melted
Bring to boil; add cornstarch; quickly whisk mixture and remove from heat
- This sour cream sauce is somewhat thin; if you want a thicker sauce, add more cornstarch
- This sauce goes great over enchiladas or tamales because of the jalapeno juice. If you want a more universal flavor, substitute the jalapeno juice with either white vinegar or lemon juice.
- The universal version of this sauce goes well with fish, potatoes, asparagus, broccoli and brussels sprouts.