Vermicelli Summer Salad
Light pasta dish that is over the top in flavor, texture and deliciousness! Great dish for a party or a big crowd!!
Servings: 12 people
- 12 oz Vermicelli Pasta cook, rinse and drain
- 2 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Pasta Sauce and Vegetables
- 2 4 oz. jars pimentos diced, drained
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup green onions chopped
- 2 4 oz. cans black olives chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
Cook pasta for 5 minutes: rinse and drain
In a large bowl, combine pasta, seasoned salt, lemon juice and olive oil; cover and refrigerate overnight
The next day, add remaining ingredients to pasta; cover and allow to refrigerate for 2 hours (minimum)
Serve slightly chilled
- Note: this recipe calls for Vermicelli pasta--not vermicelli rice noodles. You can use any pasta you choose: spaghetti, angel hair, or a tubular pasta (macaroni, rigatoni, etc.)
- This recipe works best if you make the pasta and and let it sit overnight; the next day, add the remaining ingredients, cover and store overnight-again.
- If you don't have two days, just make sure the pasta (combined with the seasoned salt, lemon juice and olive oil) is refrigerated overnight. The next morning, add the other ingredients, cover and let sit in fridge until ready to serve.