Even though nobody in my family will eat fish, they ate this Tilapia with Avocado Sauce! It’s really quick and easy to make, and healthy. And the best thing is that you can make this avocado sauce even if the avocado’s aren’t quite ripe!
Tilapia with Avocado Sauce
Tilapia is a mild-tasting, delicate, freshwater fish that provides a host of vitamins and nutrients. The flavor is super mild and the texture is semi-firm–perfect for baking or sauteeing.
How to Prepare Tilapia
Soak tilapia in fresh lime juice for about 20 minutes. Then, in a heavy bottomed skillet, add 1 tablespoon oil and bring to medium heat; place fish in pan and let cook for about 8 minutes; flip and cook another 4-8 minutes until fish is done in the middle. Pour warm avocado sauce over fish, top with pico de gallo and enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 avocado , peeled and pitted
- 1 cup oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse all ingredients EXCEPT oil
- Slowly drizzle oil into food processor while pulsing to obtain desired consistency of sauce
- Cover and chill for 15 minutes for dressing; for sauce, heat in a saucepan and serve over fish
- Avocado sauce can be served as a dressing or a sauce for fish, tacos or steak