Smoked Gouda and Grape salad is refreshingly light and delicious with a balsamic-honey infused sauce.
Smoked Gouda and Grape Salad
Cheese and grapes are the ultimate pair and this salad takes the popular duo to a new level with a balsamic vinegar and honey infused dressing! This salad can stand the heat because there’s no mayonnaise or dairy. Vegan, gluten-free and low fat, this combination pairs perfectly with a nice glass of wine or champagne! You might try adding this easy grape salad to your cheeseboard or antipasto platter!
What Is Gouda Cheese?
Gouda cheese is a semi-hard cheese that comes from the cows in the Netherlands. It has a nutty, buttery flavor and the texture is similar to cheddar. As with most types of cheese, the flavor of Gouda gets stronger as the cheese ages. Smoked Gouda gets its distinct flavor from being smoked over hickory chips.
- 1 lb. red and green grapes rinsed
- 1/2 lb. dates pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 oz. Gouda cheese tiny cubes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds shelled, roasted, salted
- pinch of salt
- Clean grapes and cut into halves; finely chop dates; set aside in a large bowl
- In a medium saucepan, on low heat, add butter, vinegar and honey; cook 3 minutes, or until honey has melted
- Pour warm sauce over grapes/dates and combine well; cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes
- Prior to serving, add tiny pieces of smoked Gouda and sunflower seeds; taste for salt
- This is an excellent dish to take to a picnic because it can stand the heat and partners well with most picnic foods...
- Grape salad can also be served as dessert
Take a bowl of Smoked Gouda and Grape salad to your next outing or wine-tasting! The combination of flavors pairs well with most foods. I promise you’ll be asked for the recipe!
Craving More? Try Southern Pimento Cheese