Watermelon Salad is a deliciously refreshing appetizer, snack or dessert!
Watermelon Salad starts with crisp, cold watermelon infused with a white raspberry balsamic vinegar, creamy goat cheese, toasted pepitas and fresh basil! Simply divine!
Crisp, sweet watermelon combined with tangy goat cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds, infused with in white raspberry balsamic vinegar and garnished with spicy arugula.
- 2 cups watermelon bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon white raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup arugula , finely chopped
Combine white raspberry balsamic vinegar and red wine vinegar
Cut watermelon into bite-size pieces
Pour balsamic dressing over watermelon; combine well
Lightly salt watermelon; add goat cheese crumbles and toasted pumpkin seeds
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes
Garnish with fresh chopped arugula; serve immediately
- Watermelon goes well with goat, feta or bleu cheese; since all three are soft cheeses, you might want to add the cheese right before you serve the dish, as they do soften quite a bit in the dressing
If you want to add a little volume to this dish, feel free to add spicy arugula or soft butter lettuce. If you elect to add greens, you may want to double or triple the balsamic dressing. Another variation is to substitute the pepitas with toasted walnuts, pistachios or sunflower seeds.
Enjoy this recipe as a side dish or stand-alone; if you like fruit dishes, you might like Wine Poached Pears!