This smokey grape salad is perfect for a light dessert, snack, or side dish on a hot day!
Fresh red and green grapes, tossed in a light balsamic-honey infused sauce, accented with smoked Gouda cheese and salty sunflower seeds! Absolutely delicious and easy to make!
Sweet and tangy grapes and smoked Gouda in balsamic vinaigrette.
- 1 lb. red and green grapes rinsed
- 1/2 lb. dates pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 oz. Gouda cheese tiny cubes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds shelled, roasted, salted
- pinch of salt
Clean grapes and cut into halves; finely chop dates; set aside in a large bowl
In a medium saucepan, on low heat, add butter, vinegar and honey; cook 3 minutes, or until honey has melted
Pour warm sauce over grapes/dates and combine well; cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes
Prior to serving, add tiny pieces of smoked Gouda and sunflower seeds; taste for salt
- This is an excellent dish to take to a picnic because it can stand the heat and partners well with most picnic foods...
- Grape salad can also be served as dessert
Take this smokey grape salad to your next outing or wine-tasting! The combination of flavors pairs well with most foods. I promise you’ll be asked for the recipe!