Pesto Mozzarella Chicken puts a nice, light Italian spin on every day chicken breasts.
Pesto Mozzarella Chicken is quick and easy to make and puts a nice, light Italian spin on every day chicken!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted bell peppers from jar
- 1/3 - 1/4 cup pesto sauce from jar
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Slice chicken halfway through, lengthwise; do not cut all the way through
Season chicken with garlic powder and Italian seasonings
In a skillet, heat oil and butter
Place chicken in the skillet and cook it until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees
Using tongs, remove chicken from skillet
Place pesto, roasted peppers and sliced mozzarella sliced side of the chicken
Add remaining pesto and cheese to top of chicken; cover with foil and bake until cheese has melted (about 15 minutes)
- Pesto Mozzarella Chicken is perfect for a crowd--cook the chicken and refrigerate. Before guests arrive, stuff the chicken breasts, cover them with pesto and cheese; place foil over the baking dish and bake at 350°for 30 minutes.
- If you like, add sauteed mushrooms and chopped artichokes to the chicken cavity
- Serve with a side of pasta, salad and a glass of Pinot Grigio
You might want to serve this with a delicious Caesar Salad!