Pesto Mozzarella Chicken puts a nice, light Italian spin on every day chicken breasts.
Pesto Mozzarella Chicken
Pesto Mozzarella Chicken is quick and easy to make and puts a nice, light Italian spin on every day chicken!
Servings: 1 breast per person
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted bell peppers from jar
- 1/3 - 1/4 cup pesto sauce from jar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice chicken halfway through, lengthwise; do not cut all the way through
- Season chicken with garlic powder and Italian seasonings
- In a skillet, heat oil and butter
- Place chicken in the skillet and cook it until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees
- Using tongs, remove chicken from skillet
- Place pesto, roasted peppers and sliced mozzarella sliced side of the chicken
- Add remaining pesto and cheese to top of chicken; cover with foil and bake until cheese has melted (about 15 minutes)
- Pesto Mozzarella Chicken is perfect for a crowd--cook the chicken and refrigerate. Before guests arrive, stuff the chicken breasts, cover them with pesto and cheese; place foil over the baking dish and bake at 350°for 30 minutes.
- If you like, add sauteed mushrooms and chopped artichokes to the chicken cavity
- Serve with a side of pasta, salad and a glass of Pinot Grigio
You might want to serve this with a delicious Caesar Salad!