A savory taste of the South! Tender greens and cornbread are always a nice surprise for your guests! Even those who claim to hate greens will love this dish!
- 1 27 oz. can seasoned mixed greens do NOT drain
- 1 15 oz. can condensed soup cream of mushroom, chicken or celery
- 1 pan prepared cornbread crumbled
- 1 cup sweet yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon pepper sauce hot peppers in vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 lb. ground sausage cooked and drained
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients
Place in a lightly oiled pan and bake uncovered for 30 minutes
- Do not drain the mixed greens!!!
- This dish tastes great with crumbled sausage added in, however, I would not recommend adding the sausage if you're serving another salty protein, like ham...
- If you don't have time to prepare homemade cornbread, use a mix.