Mediterranean Meat Marinade and Dressing is a versatile combination of oil, vinegar, spices and herbs that change the flavor profile of meat, potatoes, pasta and salad from mundane to awesome! Simply combine all ingredients in a jar, shake well, then pour over your food of choice! When used as a marinade, refrigerate the marinated food for at least 20 minutes. And remember, the marinade cannot be re-used once it has touched raw beef, pork or poultry.
Here, I marinated the lamb loins in the Mediterranean meat marinade and dressing, and I also used it as a sauce for an orzo dish. You can use fresh or dried herbs in this recipe, but remember that dried herbs are stronger than fresh. If you use fresh herbs, triple the amount of herbs. The ratio of dried to fresh is 1:3.
Mediterranean Meat Marinade
- 2 cups olive oil good quality
- 1 3/4 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Mediterranean Spice mix see recipe index
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley dried
- 2 tablespoons dill fresh
- Combine all ingredients and stir vigorously; use as a marinade or dressing for salads or pasta.
- Combine all ingredients; place meat, veggies, or potatoes in a plastic bag
- Pour marinade into plastic bag; massage until all ingredients are coated
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes; rotating the plastic bag in intervals
- Combine all ingredients and mix well; refrigerate for 20 minutes
Keep a jar of Mediterranean Seasoning Mix mix in your pantry!