This fresh apple cake is delicious served warm! Easy to make and a crowd pleaser!
An easy, delicious and somewhat nutritional dessert that includes walnuts (optional) and apples.
- 4 cups apple (about 3 large apples) finely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 whole eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
- 2 1/2 cups flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, combine apples and sugar; cover and let sit in refrigerator for one hour
Preheat oven to 350
- Lightly dust tube pan with flour
In a large mixing bowl, cream together remaining ingredients, adding apples/sugar last
Combine well and pour into tube pan
Bake for 50 minutes; allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before removing cake from pan
- The original recipe called for a cup of pecans; you can use either pecans or walnuts
- Prior to removing cake from pan, run the straight edge of a knife around the perimeter of the cake to loosen
- If you like this recipe, take some to a neighbor or friend!