Edamame salad with a tangy hoisin sauce, accompanied with red bell pepper, red pepper flakes and crunchy sesame seed sticks! The perfect side dish for your vegan and vegetarian guests!
Light, flavorful and delicious edamame salad with red peppers, onion, and garlic in a sweet hoisin sauce.
- 4 cups edamame (shelled) cooked, drained and cooled
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup sesame sticks course chopped
- kosher salt to taste
- fried rice noodles for garnish optional
Bring 4 cups water to boil; add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda to water; add edamame
Reduce heat and cook edamame for 3-5 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water; set aside
In a medium bowl, add hoisin, soy, garlic, vinegar, honey and red pepper flakes; combine well
In a large bowl, add edamame, chopped onions and red bell pepper; pour sauce over edamame and combine well
Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes
Prior to serving, add chopped sesame sticks to edamame and combine; add salt if necessary
- Edamame salad is a great vegetarian picnic dish!
This dish can be served cold, hot or room temperature and…it tastes even better when you make it ahead!