Pistachio Poppy Seed Chicken Salad is a light, flavorful salad with a little kick from the Dijon-Buttermilk dressing.
This tasty chicken salad gets sassy with the addition of Pistachios, Poppy Seeds and a dash of a spunky Dijon-Buttermilk dressing. A great dish to serve at a luncheon, wedding, or baby shower!
Chicken salad with celery, onion, pistachios and poppy seeds in a creamy Dijon-buttermilk dressing.
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios shelled, finely ground
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Place shredded chicken, chopped pistachios, onion and celery in a large bowl; set aside
In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients
Pour half of dressing over chicken; combine well; add more dressing if desired
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes
Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes prior to serving
- This recipe can be made with white, dark or a combination of both meats
- No buttermilk? Use sour cream, kefir or plain yogurt instead!
Looking for other light luncheon recipes? You might like the Tuna Stuffed Tomato!