Quick Apple Crisp
Warm apples topped with a crispy topping of graham crackers, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar.
Baked apples topped with a crispy layer of graham crackers, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg!
- 4 cups apples cored, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup graham crackers crushed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350º F
Combine brown sugar, graham crackers, cinnamon, nutmeg and softened butter
Peel, core and slice apples; place apples in a bowl and squeeze lemon juice over them
Rub a little butter into a square baking dish
Place sliced apples in greased baking dish
Pour brown sugar mixture over sliced apples
Bake uncovered for 25 minutes
- This recipe makes enough for about four small-medium servings; I recommend you double or triple the recipe for large groups.
- You can use canned apple slices if you prefer
- This dessert tastes good with ice cream on top -- or whipped cream!