A quick kale, egg and roasted pepper wrap for breakfast is an easy and healthy way to start the day! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but who has time to make it? This breakfast wrap can be made in under ten minutes, wrapped in foil, and you're out the door...
Ingredients for Breakfast Wrap
Use your imagination with the ingredients you've got on hand- the important thing is to make sure you have fresh kale on hand. Kale is the most nutrient-dense foods on earth, so you won't want to skimp on that!
Ingredients for this recipe: kale, wrap, eggs, garlic, roasted red peppers, oil, lemon and cheese (optional).
This high-protein, low-carb egg and kale wrap is a quick way to satisfy morning hunger pains and avoid over-eating at lunch.
How To Make the Wrap
- Rinse kale; remove tough stalk and chop or tear into small pieces; pat dry with paper towel; set aside
- Heat oil and crushed red peppers in skillet; add kale and red pepper slices; toss using tongs; remove kale and set aside
- Using the same skillet, add beaten eggs and scramble to desired consistency
- Place eggs, peppers and kale on tortilla or wrap; garnish with lemon and cheese
- Roll wrap and enjoy!
Can I Make the Breakfast Wrap in Advance?
This wrap can be made in advance if it is wrapped in foil and kept warm until time to serve. Due to the varied consistencies of the eggs, kale and tortilla, it doesn't re-heat very well in the microwave. The best way to make this in advance is to wrap it in foil and reheat in a warm oven.
How to Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs
Perfect scrambled eggs take only a few minutes to make. Simply whisk the eggs together, heat a little butter, pour the eggs into a hot skillet and begin making a circle 8 with a spatula.
Looking for Other Quick Meals?
Kale, Egg and Roasted Pepper Wrap
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1 large low-carb flatbread or tortilla
- 1/2 bunch fresh kale rinsed, cored and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers chopped, from jar
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- Wash kale thoroughly, cut away center stem and discard; chop remainder of kale
- Heat saucepan on medium heat with oil and red pepper flakes
- Using tongs, toss kale in oil/pepper flake mixture until coated for about 2 minutes; finish with lemon juice and place on low carb flatbread
- Scramble eggs and add to flatbread; top with roasted peppers
- Season lightly with salt and pepper; roll-up flatbread/tortilla and enjoy!
- If you prefer, egg whites can be used in lieu of a whole egg; use 4 white to 1 wrap
- If time permits, saute onions and mushrooms to enhance nutritional value, or substitute tomatoes for red peppers.
- On the go? Wrap the wrap in a paper towel and then foil; remove the foil and pop the wrap (covered with paper towel) in the microwave at work!