Quick and easy, this Italian sauge, peppers and onion recipe is gluten-free and keto-friendly.
A one-dish dinner that's ready in 25-minutes. Perfect for a busy weeknight.
Sweet Italian sausage, savory onions, sweet bell peppers and a dash of Balsamic vinegar!
One-pan skillet meals are lifesavers, especially when there's little or no time to shop, prep and cook a meal!
You'll love the ease of preparation and clean up with this quick and easy Italian sausage dish!
Here's what you'll need:
Sausage links, a red bell pepper, a green bell pepper and onion.
Finish with a dash of dark balsamic vinegar and call it dinner! Serve with a fresh green salad and garlic bread.
What type of sausage should I use?
There are a variety of choices for Italian sausage including mild, sweet and spicy.
This recipe uses mild but you might consider mixing things up a bit by using a combination of mild and spicy, or sweet and spicy sausage links.
How to make it:
Brown sausage links in a tablespoon of oil for 10 minutes
Add sliced onions and peppers
Cook for 10 minutes
Add balsamic vinegar to sausage
Can I use ground sausage instead of links?
Ground sausage works well in this recipe. Whichever type of sausage you use, remember to cook it to an internal temperature of at least 165ºF.
How much ground sausage do I use per link?
In this recipe, 6 links is equivalent to about two pounds of ground sausage.
Each links weights about ¼ lb.
If you use a packaged meat, like Johnsonville™ Sausage, they come 5 to a pack, so consider whom you're feeding. My husband usually eats 3 where my daughter and I usually eat 1-2...
This is a really easy one-pan skillet dinner that pairs well as it is, or on a bed of rice or creamy egg noodles.
- Sausage Cream Gravy
- Sausage and Mushroom Crepes
- Spinach Feta Pie
- Sausage Balls
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Pasta Carbonara with Ricotta
Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions with Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 links Italian sausage sweet, mild or spicy
- 2 tablespoons oil , canola, vegetable
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar , dark
- 1 large onion sliced; about 1 cup chopped
- 1 large red bell peppers sliced; about 1 cup sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper sliced; about 1 cup sliced
- parsley garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet; place sausage links in skillet and cook on medium high until brown (about 10 minutes); rotate and flip links to brown evenly2 tablespoons oil, 6 links Italian sausage
- Once links are browned, add sliced peppers and onion; combine well and cook 10 minutes, or until vegetables are somewhat tender1 large onion, 1 large red bell peppers, 1 large green bell pepper
- Check internal temperature of links; they should reach 165ºF at the very center of each link
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet; coat links and vegetables with vinegar; plate, garnish with parsley (optional) and serve2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, parsley