This delicious pie has the reputation of being a Southern classic tradition, particularly during the hot, balmy days of summer. Just about everyone's Grandmother served an icebox pie at some point during the summer. This easy no bake version works in a pinch and is absolutely delicious!
Why you'll love this recipe!
- This easy icebox pie requires no eggs and no baking!
- Great for crowds-double the recipe and make it in a 9 X 13 baking dish to serve up to 16 slices
- It's not too sweet or tangy, but just right
Here's what you need:
Cream cheese, lemon juice, prepared pie crust and a can of sweetened condensed milk!
Her's how to make it:
In a mixing bowl or food processor combine ingredients until smooth; pour into pie crust and freeze
Combine all ingredients until smooth and pour into pie shell; freeze for 4 hours; serve immediately
- Use fresh lemon juice; not bottled or juice from Meyer Lemons
- To make lemon zest, use the smallest side of a cheese grater
- Do not over pulse in food processor
Can I make this in advance?
This easy no bake lemon ice box pie can easily hold its own in the freezer for up to a week, provided its covered with plastic. Allow pie to thaw in refrigerator prior to serving.
Serving suggestion for a large group
If you want to serve this to a big group, double the graham cracker and filling recipe. Place the graham cracker crust in a 9 x 13 baking dish; then pour in filling. Slice into squares.
Want a whipped cream topping?
Garnish finished pie with lemon zest and homemade whipped cream
I think you'll find this easy no bake pie is just the right dessert to take to your next picnic or potluck! It's quick, easy and delicious!
♥ If you make this recipe, please leave a comment and rating! I love to hear from you!
No Bake No Egg Lemon Icebox Pie
- 8 whole graham crackers (broken; usually in 1 pkg.)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed (3-4 lemons, depending upon size)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (for garnish)
Prepare Crust or Use Pre-Made
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Melt butter in small saucepan
- In food processor, combined broken pieces of graham crackers and sugar; drizzle in melted butter
- Pour graham cracker mixture into 9 inch pie plate; press graham cracker mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan
- Bake on middle rack for 12-15 minutes; remove from oven and allow to cool before filling
- In the food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until it reaches a smooth consistency
- Scoop filling into cooled graham cracker crust; cover with plastic and freeze for 4 hours
- Prior to serving, garnish with whipped cream and lemon slices
- Allow pie to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing
- Graham Cracker Crust:
- Real vs. Bottled Lemon Juice
- Can I Use Meyer Lemons for Lemon Icebox Pie?
- How Do I Make Lemon Zest?
- Can I Make a Lemon Icebox Pie in Advance?
- If serving this pie outdoors, place the pie pan in ice to keep it chilled
Sign up for the newsletter and receive a FREE gift in your inbox!